This mixes up questions on religion and nationalism; and statements and slogans. The basic purpose is not to understand legal position but to understand how some of Indians active on internet think. This survey is not about what is the legal situation in the country, but what YOU AS AN INDIAN CITIZEN THINK.
Please complete it if you find interesting and/or useful.
If you don’t think it to be of any use you are free to state here BLUNTLY.
Those who are interested in the sources of these statements and slogans can see the references below:
Freedom of speech survey
Statements in books, pamphlets, seminars, public meetings:
He [Ganesha] cannot “compete with his father [Shiva], a notorious womaniser, either incestuously for his mother or for any other woman for that matter”.
[Sita]: “That I’m an unfaithful wife and I’ve slept with Ravan.” “You didn’t do anything of the sort,” said Luxmun. He struck his knee and winced with pain. Sita said : “I did.”
“In the months that followed, the staff of The Curtain warmed to the new task. The fifteen-year-old whore “Ayesha” was the most popular with the paying public, just as her namesake was with Mahound”
“As long as Islam is there in this world, terrorism will be there. Until and unless we root out Islam from this world, terrorism cannot be eradicated.”
“Prophet Muhammad was a homosexual and child molester.”
Kamalesh Tiwati ne hamare Nabi ke sath badtamizi kii hai, yadi Uttar Pradesh Sarkar use saja nahin detii hai to uska sar kalam karne wale ko Bijnaur ke Musalman 51 lakh rupaye ka inam denge. [Kamalesh Tiwari has insulted our Prophet, if the UP government does not punish him, the Muslims of Bijnaur announce a prize of Rs.51 lakh for anyone who beheads him.]
“Any person who slaps Aamir Khan will be rewarded Rs 1 lakh by the Shiv Sena. This is important because no one living in our country should dare to say anything against India… Anyone from the hotel staff or the film crew can slap him and take the reward,”
Slogans in public meetings (all from JNU programme on 9th Feb 2016):
- “कश्मीर के नौजवान संघर्ष करो, हम तुम्हारे साथ हैं” [Youth of Kashmir, struggle; we are with you.]
- “कितने अफज़ल मरोगे? घर-घर से अफज़ल निकलेगा” [Hogmanay Afzals will you kill? An Afzal will come out of every home.]
- “कश्मीर मांगे, आज़ादी” [Kashmir demands freedom]
- “पाकिस्तान, जिंदाबाद, जिंदाबाद” [Long live Pakistan]
- “Right to self-determination, long live, long live”
- “अफज़ल कि हत्या नहीं सहेंगे, नहीं सहेंगे” [We will not tolerate Afzal’s murder]
- “अफज़ल हम शर्मिन्दा हैं, तेरे कातिल जिन्दा हैं”. [Afzal we are ashamed, your murderers are still alive.]
- “कश्मीर कि आज़ादी तक”, “जंग रहेगी, जंग रहेगी” [Till the freedom of Kashmir, there shall be war.]
- “भारत की बर्बादी तक”, “जंग रहेगी, जंग रहेगी” [Till the destruction of India there shall be war.]
- “JNU के जयचंदों को, होश में लाओ” [Bring Jayachadas of JNU to their senses]
- “देशद्रोहियों को, निष्काषित करो” [Expel the enemies of the nation.]
 Scenes and characteristics of Hindostan, p. 177. Oxford University Press, New York, 1985. (As quoted by Ashok Vohra, in a paper read in Udaipur.)
 The Ramayana as told by Aubrey Menen, page 243 of pdf version, Charles Scribner’s Sons, New York, 1954.
 Anantkumar Hegde, BJP MP for Uttara Kannada, The Hindu 2nd March 2016.
 Kamlesh Tiwari, as reported The Times of India, City-Meerut, 4th December 2015.
 Punjab Shiv Sena chief Rajeev Tandon, as reported in Hindustan Times, 26th November 2015