FoE 2020 Online will start on 1st November 2020.
Last date for enrolment in the course is 20th October 2020.
For further details visit the online course page here.
Please share the information as widely as possible.
An increasing number of people are concerned about education and have intentions to contribute to making it ‘better’. However, either these people find themselves at a loss regarding what can they do or end up using the popularly appealing ideas to guide their actions, some of which might end up creating problems instead of solving them.
This course is created for the people who care to understand the conceptual basis behind their practices in education to make right choices for action. It is designed with the belief that any practitioner who wants to do worthwhile work in the field of education will need to have both an intuitive and a conscious sense of the larger socio-political reality within which education finds its place, of the value framework within which choices are made, and of ways of educating. It will help in articulating the intuitive and developing the conscious sense of all these aspects through a series of modules which will provoke people to inquire and think about fundamental issues in education.
Be it teaching-learning, curriculum development, material creation or teacher education; for the educational practice to be at all educational, it must be guided by a certain framework of principles. If there are no principles, there is effectively no ‘educational practice’; in such a scenario what we have is either a habituated routine or just random activity. This course is designed to acquaint the participants with the foundational ideas which will help them turn their activities into coherent educational practice.
The entire course comprises eight core modules and any two of the elective modules.
List of Core Modules:
- Introduction to Education (Starts on 1st Nov. 20)
- Philosophy of Education (Starts on 8th Nov. 20)
- Sociology of Education (Starts on 22nd Nov. 20)
- Perspectives on Learning (Starts on 29th Nov. 20)
- Human Understanding and Curriculum (Starts on 6th Dec. 20)
- Pedagogy and Assessment in Schools (Starts on 20th Dec. 20)
- Teacher Education (Starts on 27th Dec. 20)
- Action Research for Teachers (Starts on 3rd Jan. 21)
List of Elective Modules:
- Language 1 (Hindi, Primary)
- Language 2 (English Primary)
- Mathematics 1 (Primary)
- Environmental Studies (Primary)
- Language 3 (Hindi, Upper Primary)
- Language 4 (English, Upper Primary)
- Mathematics 2 (Upper Primary)
- General Science (Upper Primary)
- Social Studies (Upper Primary)
- History (Upper Primary)